PO Perspective: Kim Bosman (Schiphol Group) – New Time Leadership for Agile Innovation success – 1
PO Perspective: Kim Bosman (Schiphol Group) – New Time Leadership for Agile Innovation success
Kim Bosman is the Value Stream Owner @ Schiphol Airport Control (part of Schiphol’s Digital Airport Programme) and an independent Agile Strategist. As a Value Stream owner Kim acts as an enabler and leader for a group of Scrum teams. This way the Product Owners, Development Teams and Scrum Masters are given the trust and space to solve hard problems with creative solutions. Kim tells the story of how they started a year ago, and how she shaped the environment for the teams to excel, innovate and get the right Stakeholders on board to help remove impediments and support the teams doing the work. The common thread throughout the topics of this interview is how to hand pick the people that you feel you can trust to do the work (the best professionals), by focusing on personalities that are honest proud and enthusiastic. “People that make me smile” as Kim puts it.
Check out the Complete interview, all links and resources mentioned at the bottom and let us know what you think!
Part 1 – Introduction and current assignment
Kim explains how she got infected with the agile virus starting in retail and what other experience she gained on the way to her current position as a Value Stream Owner (VSO) for Airport Control. This is one of five Value Streams that are part of Schiphol’s Digital Airport Programme. Kim works with 6 Agile teams in her Value Stream, working on multiple products, the main one being WILBUR; a system for airport operations that foresees what is coming and enables Airport Control Coördinators to take proactive measures, optimizing flow and minimizing waiting times.
• Kim Advisory http://www.kimadvisory.nl
• Kim Bosman Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimbosman/
• Schiphol: Better Airport Control with Digital Innovations EN https://youtu.be/LiCGxskLcBU
• Schiphol: Betere airport control met digitale innovatie NL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH5MIJg4D0Q
• New Time Leadership in a Digital Transformation (Agile Amsterdam 2017) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7MzbfuP5EZya19pYzVTMGstLVE/view?usp=sharing
• The Power of Scrum (EN 2011 edition) https://www.bol.com/nl/p/the-power-of-scrum/9200000000625118/
• De Kracht van Scrum (NL 2016 edition) https://www.bol.com/nl/p/de-kracht-van-scrum/9200000062769982/
• Big Room Planning (PI Planning in SAFe) http://www.scaledagileframework.com/pi-planning/
• Big Room Planning Talk (Agile for Excellence launch @ Leiden University) https://vimeo.com/118687202